2015 Devlin Surf Scoter
Occasionally a vessel comes along that is so exceptional and out of the ordinary that it makes one appreciate the tremendous ability of folk that set their mind above and about accomplishing something inconceivable to most.
Price just lowered from 75k to 59.9k.
Please see photo gallery, descriptions and video. With over 100 photo's, this is a must see!
Having taken seven years for her hardwood lumber consultant/owner to build in his spare time, "Sweet Dreams" is remarkable. For all practical purposes "Sweet Dreams" appears to be a new vessel that actually was completed in 2015. The craftsmanship that went into "Sweet Dreams" is outstanding.
Sam Devlin designed this vessel to be trailerable, which expands ones horizons to RV parks, campgrounds or any accessible body of water. This makes "Sweet Dreams" the perfect exploration vehicle allowing her owners to find out of the way spots on water or land that most can not visit.
"Sweet Dreams" creator/owner has followed Sam Devlin Designs since the 70's. Having been duly impressed with Sam Devlin's design techniques, he has followed through and built this beautiful little vessel. Over a 120 gal. of MAS epoxy was used in the construction of "Sweet Dreams".
All practicality aside, she's just plain "cute as a button"!
Things to Consider
* New blue Awlgrip paint to blue hull sides Apr. 2019.
* Achilles 8' dinghy with 2 hp. Suzuki outboard.
* 2010 Yamaha 4 stroke 90 hp. reported less than 200 hrs.
* Yamaha outboard purchased new in 2010, Commissioned 2015.
* Aluminum 53 gal. fuel tank.
* Mar Pro Screw on fuel filter/water separator.
* Two foot swim step extension of the hull adding two feet to length.
* Bay Star hydraulic steering.
* Lewmar Pro 700 electric windlass.
* 150' new 2019 chain and nylon rode.
* Dry Bilge with no under water through hulls except transducers.
* Low Pro LP 900s bilge pump.
* One Group 27 start battery 2016.
* Two Optima Blue Top gel cell House batteries 2016.
* Two 4 amp hour each solar panels atop house.
* Solar panel control box is 10 amp to house batteries.
* All LED Lighting throughout.
* Disk brakes on all four wheels of trailer.
* Compression type brake activation (no electric brakes) for trailer.
* C-Head Composting Toilet. Very easy to empty.
* C-Head does not require pump-out or holding tank.
* Wood trim is Douglas Fir.
* Countertop is butcher block.
* Flooring is cork.
* This vessel can be towed with a standard sized pickup truck.
This is a very clean and well built vessel that is imminently practical for traveling and exploring new and out of the way places. The craftsmanship observed with the finished vessel (although not a surveyor) appears to be exceptional and time consuming (7 years) for the builder to bring to this level of finish, which is quite impressive.
- Surf Scoter
- Placida, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Sweet Dreams
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Sam Devlin
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 24 ft - 7.32 meter
- 24 ft - 7.32 meter
- 8 ft - 2.44 meter
- Draft - max:
- 2 ft - 0.61 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 12 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 90 (Individual), 90 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 22 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 53 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 25 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
* Yamaha F90TLR 90 hp 4-stroke bought new 2010.
* Yamaha outboard mounted and commissioned 2015.
* Outboard reported less than 200 operating hrs.
* Aluminum 53 gal. fuel tank.
* Screw on Mar-Pro fuel filter/water separator.
* Steering is Bay Star hydraulic.
* Yamaha throttle, gear and trim unit.
* Yamaha RPM gauge.
* Fuel level gauge.
* Engine alternator.
* 12 VDC and 120 VAC Breaker panels.
* Two 4 amp hour each solar panels.
* One 10 amp solar control box.
* MeTer battery charge monitor.
* Battery charger.
* 30 amp shore cord.
* 30 amp shore power inlet.
* Anchor windlass Control and switch.
* Interior, exterior and Nav. lights 12 VDC LED.
* 120 VAC electrical outlets in various places on vessel.
* 12 VDC outlets near panel.
* Garmin GPSmap 545s chart plotter.
* Standard Horizon Explorer VHF transceiver.
* Insignia Flat screen TV.
* AM/FM stereo CD player.
* Stereo speakers.
* Depth: Bronze transducer displays on chart plotter.
* Speed: Displays on chart plotter.
* Electric 12 VDC fans.
* Ritchie magnetic compass.
* On demand fresh water pump.
* AC unit: Portable 120 VAC standard ducted to front hatch.
* Welded aluminum hot water heater.
* Shower sump pump.
* 900 GPH bilge pump.
* Butcher block large countertop.
* Briggs single galley porcelain sink.
* Frigidaire microwave oven.
* Portable LPG stove.
* Extremely well insulated custom ice box.
* Flatware stowage.
* Ample cabinetry for pots and pans.
* Custom paper towel holder.
* Knife storage block.
* Utensil stowage.
* Ample under counter stowage.
* Fire bottle.
* Salon incorporates Galley, helm station and settee.
* Overhead is padded and well finished.
* Ice box is located under settee.
* Portable Captains chair.
* Helm station incorporates all navigational instruments.
* Ships clock.
* Large windows and portlights.
* LED overhead lighting.
* Large "V" berth arrangement is comfortable for two.
* High density foam mattress/cushions.
* Removable filler section in berth.
* Overhead hatch.
* Two portlights.
* Chain locker access is here.
* Access to behind panel wiring is here.
* LED overhead lighting.
* Hot and cold shower.
* C-Head composting toilet.
* Deck shower grate and sump.
* Hot water heater located here.
* Large mirror on inside of door.
* 25# Danforth style anchor.
* 150' new chain and nylon rode with end affixed to bulkhead.
* Lewmar PRO 700 anchor windlass.
* Anchor windlass control at helm.
* Two chemical fire bottles.
* Approved running lights.
* Six Type II life jackets with whistles.
* Flares: 10 parachute type.
* Life ring mounted.
* Horn: Air electric.
* First aid: Loose med supplies.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Video Devlin Surf Scoter 24
Leo Thibault 11 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2008 Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36Key West, FL, US $169,000
2001 Cruisers Yachts 5000 Sedan SportCharleston, SC, US $275,000
1998 Luhrs ConvertibleDania Beach, FL, US $119,999
1995 Island Packet 40Saint Augustine, FL, US $129,900
1991 Hatteras Cockpit Motor YachtGloucester, MA, US $299,900
1999 Sea Ray 450 Express BridgeCocoa, FL, US $145,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $259,000
2003 Aventure Sportster Power CatamaranFort Myers, FL, US $249,000
2002 Carver 404 Cockpit Motor YachtGulf Shores, AL, US $109,900
1988 Carver 4207Unknown, FL, US $98,500
2004 Rodman 41Aventura, FL, US $175,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $899,000
1987 Hatteras MY Stabilized Bow ThrusterNorth East, MD, US $249,900
1987 Hatteras 63 Cockpit MotoryachtPensacola, FL, US $375,000
2011 Regal Sports CoupeFort Lauderdale, FL, US $310,000
2010 Pursuit 315 OSPunta Gorda, FL, US $169,000
1999 Catamaran Berkstresser Boats 60Port Richey, FL, US $419,900
2005 Beneteau Cyclades 43Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $109,900