2011 Bruce Roberts 53 Custom Ketch
Refurb and hull / deck painting just completed 5/2019!
Heavy Duty World Cruiser
23 Sailboats 50' to 55' 2010 to 2013 sold since January 2019, $239,000 to $795,000! This boat is a steal!
Freshly gone over, inspected, repairs done, painted, this Bruce Roberts is a STEAL at $139,000! Well equipped for world cruising, with a huge interior, over 6'4" headroom throughout!
El Shaddai, a design by world renowned naval architect Bruce Roberts, was painstakingly built by her owner, of 1/4" welded steel plate and 1/2" on the keel, in 2011 to be capable of circumnavigating in safety and comfort. In addition in 2012 a $80,000 rig was designed and installed by Seldon. Whether you want to sail the world or just the Caribbean this is the boat that can do it. In addition to her classic lines she is built with exceptional strength and capacity. If you want a boat that's comfortable, safe El Shaddai is it.
- 12 Portholes removed and reseated, surface corrosion removed, treated and painted. 5/2019
- Deck, hull and bootstripe painted 5/2019
- 1200 nautical mile fuel capacity
- 3 independent steering systems - pilothouse wheel, cockpit wheel and autopilot have separate quadrants mounted on the rudder post - if one fails the other 2 can still steer the boat
- Electrical systems include; Kohler 6kw generator, (New 2012), wind generator, solar panels, 5kw SeaPower engine driven AC generator, Xantrex 3000 Inverter
- Max Power retractable bow thruster
- Cruise RO watermaker for unlimited water capacity (Currently pickled)
- Coppercoat anti fouling paint, reported to be a 8-10 year paint 2016, touched up 5/2019
- 60 pound freezer capacity plus huge refrigerator
- A full year of propane supply capacity
- Interior of the hull sealed with polyurethane foam for sound and heat insulation
- 1/2" steel in the bottom of the keel and skeg /rudder, hull constructed of 1/4" welded plate
- Leading edge of the keel incorporates a 2.5" pipe filled with lead to deflect submerged objects
- Compartments can segment the hull in case of a breech
- Custom built spars by Selden far stronger than production boats, $80,000. rig in 2012!
- Bruce Roberts
- 53 Custom Ketch
- Saint Petersburg, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- El Shaddai
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Bruce Roberts
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 53 ft - 16.15 meter
- 55 ft - 16.76 meter
- 16 ft - 4.88 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 135 (Individual), 135 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 375 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 35 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
From the cockpit step down a few steps into the pilothouse. The helm is to starboard and a settee/berth is to port. The settee converts into a large double berth. Just behind the helm seat is a diesel cabin heater. A few steps further down lead to the saloon. Immediately to starboard is a U-shaped galley. Opposite is the nav station. The pilothouse is open to the galley, nav station and saloon below. Just forward of the nav station is a U-shaped dinette. Forward and opposite the dinette is the owner's head and shower. The vee berth is the owner's stateroom. A companionway leads aft from the pilothouse to two guest staterooms. Each has a private head with shower.
- 3 private staterooms with ensuite heads and showers
- 4 Bulkheads which can be closed off
- Accommodations for 8 in 4 queen berths
- Dining for 6 at the dinette
- 2 MarineAir 16,000 btu air conditioners
- Pilothouse for comfort underway in any weather
- Galley is open to saloon, nav station and pilothouse
- In northern climates pilothouse is kept warm and toasty underway with diesel cabin heater
- Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven
- 12 volt Adler Barbour top opening refrigerator
- 12 volt Technautics Cool Blue top opening freezer
- Emerson microwave oven
- Galley fully equipped with cutlery, dinnerware, pots, pans and utensils
- Cruise RO AC watermaker (New membrane 2017, Currently pickled)
- Splendide washer/dryer
- Dockside fresh water
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin 4212 chartplotter
- Garmin GHP Class B autopilot attached to rudder post on its own quadrant totally independent of the pilothouse and cockpit steering systems
- Garmin GMR 18 HD radar
- Garmin GPS 20
- Garmin depth sounder and speed indicator
- Garmin GWS 10 and GWIND wind instruments
- Garmin AIS receiver
- Garmin compass
- ICOM M802 Marine SSB radio with DSC and distress button
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF radio with DSC
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- West Marine WM 4000 stereo and West Marine speakers - NEW 2013!
- Vizio flat screen TV
- 6 West Marine 6 volt batteries in house bank for a total of 775 Amp hours
- 2 12 volt engine start batteries in 1 bank - NEW 2019!
- 3 12 volt windlass /windless batteries in 1 bank - NEW 5/2019!
- Koehler 6kw eod diesel generator - NEW 2012! Starter rebuilt, 5/2019
- 2 Sunwise, Solarwell Innova solar panels - NEW 2013-2015!
- MaxPower 12/50/3 wind generator - NEW 2012!
- Xantrex Freedom SW 3000 inverter - NEW 2012!
- Mastervolt Chargemaster battery charger - NEW 2012!
- Victron Bmv 6025 voltage/amp meter - NEW 2012!
- 5 kw Seapower engine drive AC generator
Deck and Hull
- 3 totally independent steering systems - cockpit wheel, pilothouse wheel and autopilot all have quadrants attached directly to the rudder post - failure of one system still leaves 2 systems operating
- Surface corrosion removed, treated and painted 2019
- All 12 portholes removed and reseated 2019
- Copper anti fouling paint, reported to be a 8-10 year paint, 2016, Touched up 5/2019
- Cockpit has large benches with cushions, and table for entertaining
- Outside helm is at rear of cockpit with great views in all directions
- Deck storage with new hatch covers 2018
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Deck shower
- Salt water washdown for anchor
- 1500 watt Lighthouse stainless steel windlass - NEW 2012!
- 80# Mason Supreme anchor with 380' 3/8" Hi Test chain rode!
- 45# Delta anchor with 20' 3/8"Hi Test chain and 150' rope rode - NEW 2013!
- 66# Bruce anchor
- 75# CQR anchor
- Maxima barbeque
Engine and Mechanical
- Perkins 6.354 135 hp diesel engine - 875 hours!
- Max Power retractable bow thruster - NEW 2014!
- 3 blade fixed bronze propeller
- 2 MarineAir 16,000 btu air conditioners
Sails and Rigging
- ALL SAILS AND RIGGING NEW SINCE 2011
- Monitor windvane self steering
- Selden aluminum main mast
- Selden aluminum mizzen mast
- Selden roller furler for genoa
- Wire standing rigging with StaLock mechanical terminals
- Spinnaker pole
- Rigid boom vang
- 2 Lewmar 50 self tailing winches in cockpit
- 2 Barient winches at mast
- Sailrite mainsail - good condition
- Sailrite mizzen sail - good condition
- Sailrite furling jib sail - good condition
- Sailrite hanked on staysail - good condition
- Sailrite spinnaker - NEW condition!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
2011 53' Bruce Roberts Custom Steel Ketch
Doug Jenkins 1 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY: