2006 Perry 59
OverviewDetailed Walk-Through Video https://youtu.be/x27o2RQB7Bo
Free Range Chicken, quite the name, in-fact the seller has had several yachts with 'Chicken' involved in the name. You may have heard of some of them, such as the custom Bob Perry designed Perry 55 'Stealth Chicken' and the Santa Cruz 50 'Chicken Little'. They definitely stood out, and of them all 'Free Range Chicken' stood out the most.
Another Bob Perry design, this custom one-off was commissioned by the seller to be a comfortable blue water cruiser capable of circumnavigation while also being competitive in ocean distance racing. She was built by Westerly Marine, a California firm famous for building high quality racing and performance cruising yachts. In-fact Free Range Chicken was the third yacht built for the seller by Westerly following the Santa Cruz 50 and Perry 55.
Free Range Chicken was designed by Perry, with the insistence of the seller, to be 'man-sized'. The interior is voluminous and is a raised saloon with large windows. In particular the seller wanted the windows to be at a height that he could easily see the world from inside. The hard dodger provides excellent visibility and protection and is fitted with a removable three sided enclosure. The decks are not cluttered by excess gear and there are plenty of handholds and protection to move about while underway. The storage is massive thanks for a large sail locker that doubles are a crew cabin and a full beam lazerrette under cockpit. The Perry 59 feels like a much larger yacht thanks to Perry's design.
All of the equipment fitted was of the highest quality and spec. Northern Lights 11.5kW Generator, Newport Spectra water maker, leisure furl boom and cutter rig, twin helms for redundancy, back up rudder stored in the lazerette, huge forward and aft storage lockers with water tight bulkheads, and a complete workshop.
Construction was made from the best materials available, overbuilt is the word. The hull was made in a sandwich of pre-preg epoxy e-glass laminate with an Airex foam core with an outer layer of Kevlar/E-glass hybrid and was vacuum bagged. The hull was then oven-cured under vacuum at 160F. The hull structural grid was reinforced with carbon fiber. This created an extra stiff and strong design, built to withstand the oceans punishment while distributing all rig and foil loads through the entire structure.
The deck was built in a female mold using a combination of biaxial cloth with unidirectional E-glass reinforcements. The deck is foam cored, except at load points, where end-grain balsa is used. The bulkheads were foam cored, with E-glass reinforcements, and then vaccuum-bagged. A cherry veneer was laid on 3-millimeter plywood and epoxied to the bulkheads.
The keel was built as one would expect, for maximum performance and cruising ability, she draws 8' 6' and the keel was built with a cast iron fin and lead bulb. The rigging is attached to connection points in the deck which are attached to the structure of the boat by carbon-fiber strapping, no traditional chain plates to ever leak. Thanks to the hard dodger there is ample room to install solar panels on the roof if desired, and davits could be installed on the transom as well.
Inside you will find a completely finished cruising yacht, with an very spacious saloon, galley and nav station. Forward a nicely appointed master stateroom with centerline queen berth, and aft a second cabin with double berth. The master stateroom features an ensuite head and separate shower compartment. Four zone air conditioning with reverse cycle heat for maximum comfort, as well the master stateroom has a DC powered heating system for use without needing to run the generator. The saloon has two drop down dinettes to form berths and a workstation. In the port aft of the yacht is a well equipped work room with storage for tools and a bench. Easy access to the mechanical room for much of the major systems aboard. To the aft of this room is the interior access to the lazerette through a hatch in the bulkhead.
Combining Bob Perry, Westerly Marine, the sellers vision, and the best materials and equipment available has created an incredible cruising machine. Please explore the full specifications and detailed walk-through video for more information. It is without a doubt that the first buyer that steps aboard this incredible piece of art and machinery will make her theirs.
Advanced co brokerage Florida Sail is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by David Walters Yachts.(8148649)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Free Range Chicken
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Robert Perry
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 59 ft - 17.98 meter
- 59 ft - 17.98 meter
- 16 ft - 4.88 meter
- Draft - max:
- 8 ft 6 in - 2.59 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 125 (Individual), 125 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 390 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 250 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 106 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Rubbed cherry veneer accented by high gloss trim.
- Locking floorboards to meet SER
- Interior lighting has red and white switching LEDs for nighttime use. On-going upgrades to newer style LEDs.
- Vimar light switches.
- Centerline queen island berth with memory foam mattress
- Port and Starboard bed side storage cabinets
- Port side vanity with table, hide-away seat, mirror, cabinets and drawer.
- Starboard side seat, hanging locker, and drawers.
- Three stainless steel hand holds
- Port and starboard opening port lights with OceanAir shades
- Deck hatch with OceanAir shade and screen
- Large storage compartments under bed
- LED overhead white and red switchable lighting
- LED reading lights
- Ensuite to port aft side of master cabin.
- VacuFlush toilet with TankWatch 4 monitor and Y-valve under sink
- Stainless steel towel rack and toilet paper holder
- Epoxy-granite composite countertop with stainless steel sink and mixer
- Large locker for supplies
- Sink drains into separate bilge compartment with automatic overboard pump
- Red and white switchable lighting
- 12V Hella fan
- Deck ventilation hatch with OceanAir shade
- Separate, oversized shower to starboard side with large storage locker and deck ventilation hatch
- Raised saloon with port and starboard dinettes.
- Starboard dinette lowers to form additional sea berth.
- Hella 12V fans.
- Port, starboard, and forward facing windows with OceanAir shades.
- Desk with storage and printer.
- Bulkhead mounted flatscreen LCD TV.
- Hand holds on dinette table and bulkhead.
- Starboard side across from the galley.
- Extra wide bench with comfortable cushions.
- Large chart table with opening top and connections for laptop.
- Flatscreen LCD display for expanding laptop display, wireless keyboard, mouse, and webcam.
- A complete navigation suite including radios, MFD, autopilot, satellite phone, tank indicators and DC switch panel.
- Large double berth plus drop down single bunk for additional storage or crew.
- Hanging locker and drawers.
- Dedicated air conditioner.
- Direct access to aft head.
- Opening portlight and deck hatch for ventilation.
- 12V Hella fan.
- Large wet head.
- VacuFlush toilet with TankWatch 4 monitor and Y-valve under sink.
- Epoxy-granite composite countertop with stainless steel sink and mixer.
- Large locker for supplies.
- Sink and shower drain into separate bilge compartment with automatic overboard pump.
- 12V Hella fan.
- Deck ventilation hatch with OceanAir shade and opening port light.
- Epoxy-granite composite counter tops.
- Four stainless steel drawer style refrigerator/freezer units.
- Two drawers operate off of a single compressor for use as a refrigerator.
- Two more drawers each have their own compressor, and operate as freezers. However a quick thermostat adjustment means that either one, or both, can operate as a refrigerator.
- Stainless steel double basin sink with pull out sprayer, soap dispenser, fresh water foot pump, and dish drying area.
- Direct overboard or drain into grey water tank, switchable valve.
- Grey water tank with TankWatch gauge and overboard pump.
- Force10 two burner LPG stove and oven.
- Trash compactor.
- U-Line Icemaker (installed in workshop) installed in 2019
- Built-in stainless steel grab rails around sink and stove.
- Tons of space in every conceivable spot for provisions.
- 12V Hella fan.
Mechanical & Plumbing
- Located under galley sink area with pull out panels to gain generous access.
- Remote oil filter for easy to change access and oil change pump.
- Racor dual filter system for engine, single filter for generator.
- Fuel polishing system.
- New Morse shift cable.
- New combo throttle/shift at starboard helm
- Python Drive system, new main bearing in 2016
- Located under cockpit, accessed through work room.
- Cummins Onan 11.5kW with 6,000 hours.
- Freshwater system.
- Pump, new, fully automatic
- Accumulator Tank
- Isotemp 11 gallon water heater (installed under companionway steps)
- Fresh water system tank selector, Y-valve and hoses, new
- Spectra Newport 400 (membranes installed in lazerette).
- Seafrost DC Water-cooled with four compressor units.
- Galley four stainless steel drawer type units, new refrigerator controller and compressor electronics.
- Beverage refrigerator under starboard cockpit bench, new thermostat.
- New condenser pump.
- Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher.
- Fuel (GRP)
- 2x 195 Gallon (390 Gallon Total)
- Water (GRP)
- 2x 125 Gallon (250 Gallon Total)
- Black Water (GRP)
- Forward 50 Gallon
- Aft 56 Gallon
- All holding tanks have y-valves to pump overboard or to tank tank, plus deck access for pump-outs. Each tank has a macerator pump, operable from the nav station.
- Grey Water
- 70 Gallon
- For galley sink when valve is set to drain sink to the tank vs overboard.
- Air Conditioning, Total of 40k BTU 110V
- Master Cabin Dometic 10k BTU Reverse Cycle 110v
- Master Cabin DCBreeze 5k BTU Cooling Only 12v
- Saloon Starboard Dometic 10k BTU Reverse Cycle 110v (New)
- Saloon/Galley Port Dometic 10k BTU Reverse Cycle 110v
- Aft Cabin Dometic 10k BTU Reverse Cycle 110V
- Forward (sail locker, new float switch), midships, and aft bilge pumps.
- Sump pump with pickup in deepest part of bilge.
- Wander pump, rebuilt recently.
Electronics & Helm
- Port Helm
- B&G Vulcan 9" MFD
- B&G Triton Autopilot Keypad
- 2x B&G Triton2 Displays
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Starboard Helm
- B&G Zeus3 12" MFD
- B&G Triton2 Display
- Icom M504 VHF w/DSC
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- 4x B&G 20/20HV Displays
- B&G Zeus3 9" MFD
- JRC Satellite Phone with JRC Inmarsat dome antenna mounted on stern arch
- Icom M802 SSB w/AT-140 Automatic Tuner (tuner recently replaced)
- Standard Horizon Quantum GX2360S VHF
- Fusion RA70NSX Stereo, controllable from iPhone/Android and any of the Zeus displays (recently installed)
- Ambient Weather Weather Station
- Autohelm Handheld Electronic Compass
- B&G WS320 Wireless Wind Wand
- B&G ForwardScan Sonar
- B&G Depth/Speed/Temp Transducers, each is independent.
- B&G NAC-3 Autopilot with RF25
- B&G Precision9 Compass
- B&G 3G Radar mounted on mast with self-leveling mount
- B&G Sirius Weather/Radio with antenna mounted on stern arch
- Vesper Watchmate XB-8000 WiFi/NMEA2000 AIS with separate AIS antenna mounted on stern arch
- 32" HDTV and BluRay player, recently installed
Sails & Rigging
- 2015 - Doyle, Dyneema/Dacron blend, Full Batten, In-Boom Furling
- 2017 - Ullman, 105% Pressure Laminated Race Carbon with Taffetta and UV cover, Furling
- 2006 - UK, 105% Tape Drive, Mylar Laminated with Carbon Tapes, All Purpose, Furling, for Cruising and Deliveries
- Custom fitted sheet bag that attaches to jib for storage and protects sheets from the elements.
- 2006 - UK, Tape Drive, Mylar Laminated with Carbon Tapes, Furling, Recently Refurbished
- 2016 - Ullman, Asymmetrical A2.5
- 2006 - UK, Asymmetrical A1 (Stored in Hampton, VA)
- 2006 - UK, Asymmetrical A2 (Stored in Hampton, VA, needs repair)
- 2006 - UK, Asymmetrical A3
- 2006 - UK, Trysail
- 2006 - UK, Jib
- Forward Deck
- Harken MkIII Jib Furler
- Harken Cruising2 Staysail Furler
- 4x Spinlock high load deck clutches for halyards (for use when full crewed racing)
- 2x Lewmar 54 Manual 2-Speed for halyards on deck (for use when full crewed racing)
- Mast steps to connect main halyard
- Spinnaker pole and reaching strut attachment points
- 2x Lewmar 54 Electric 1-Speed/Manual 2-Speed for halyards
- 3x Spinlock high load jammers for spinnaker and main halyards
- 7x Spinlock clutches for main furler lock, main furler, topping lift, port jib halyard, tack line, and traveler.
- 2x sheet bags with 3 pockets each
- 2x Lewmar 66 Electric 2-Speed primaries
- 2x Lewmar 54 Electric 1-Speed/Manual 2-Speed mainsheet
- 2x Lewmar 54 Manual 2-Speed backstay/runners
- 2x Lewmar clutches for furling jib/staysail furling
- 2x Spinlock high load clutches for mainsheet
- Harken and Lewmar turning blocks
- Spinlock clutch for backstay
- High load padeyes for spinnaker and outboard lead blocks
- Ballenger Spars custom aluminum triple spreader mast, Awlgrip finish.
- Forepar Leisurefurl boom with control line led to cockpit, Awlgrip finish.
- Navtec rod rigging with structural attachment points reinforced with carbon fiber.
- Adjustable backstay by winch.
- Runners and checkstays adjustable by winches.
- Fractional rig with jib and staysail Harken furlers with furling lines led to cockpit.
- Inboard and outboard jib tracks.
- Oversized spinnaker pole with reaching strut; deck and mast mounts.
- Hydraulic boom vang with adjustment in the cockpit.
- Mast step installed on structural grid well above bilge.
- Mast tied down to step to meet SER.
- All control lines led to cockpit clutches and winches.
- Two Lewmar winches and four clutches installed on deck next to mast for use if racing, otherwise all running rigging leads to the cockpit.
- Travler mounted to hardtop and all adjustments done from the cockpit.
- Spinlock clutches and jammers. High load jammers used for halyards.
- Halyard, mainsheet, and primary (2-speed) winches are electric.
- Cockpit sheet bags.
- 2015 - Rig pulled and repainted, any fittings that showed stress and much of the rod rigging was replaced.
- 2021 - Replaced runners and backstay adjuster lines.
- Fall 2021 - Rig pulled, inspected, minor repairs made and the repainted from the 1st spreader down, Leisurefurl boom corrosion repaired, parts replaced, and entire boom repainted, new loud hailer speaker installed, jib halyard replaced.
- 4x Caterpillar Lead Acid 210Ah 8D's, total 840Ah
- DC-260 AGM Lead Acid 260Ah 8D, total 260Ah
- Charles 5000 SP Series 12v 60a for 12V Bank
- Charles 5000 SP Series 24v 30a Auxiliary Charger for 24V Bank
- Magnum Energy MS4024 Pure Sine Wave 4000w Inverter/105a Charger for 24V Bank (installed 2019)
- C-Power 6KVA ISO Transformer
- Two 140A 24v house bank alternators with disconnect switches
- Balmar 24V smart voltage controller (plus a spare) recently installed
- Single 12V engine bank alternator
- Onan 11.5kW with 6,000 hours.
- Custom stainless steel dual anchor rollers incorporating forestay attachment point and tacking point for asymmetrical spinnaker.
- Maxwell stainless steel windlass with deck and helm controls, Maxwell chain counter at helm. AutoAnchor 700 Series (new handheld controller with chain counter in 2021)
- Primary anchor 200' 3/8" chain with 150' 7/8" line, new 2017
- Quick connect deck wash down (currently disconnected, wash down pump has a hose and nozzle in the sail locker.
- Beefy toe rail extending from bow to stern, cutouts for drainage and deck cleats.
- Extended length bow pulpit and wave break forward of sail locker.
- Large sail locker with access to chain locker and retractable bow thruster, single crew bunk. Step down design for easy access.
- Hella 12V fan
- Space to install sink or head if desired, some pre-plumbing for a head is already installed.
- 8x Lewmar Ocean deck hatches and 6x Lewmar portlights, all opening. 4 additional opening port lights on the hull. All new large deck hatches, except sail locker hatch.
- Stainless steel grab rails around dodger and forward, extended height stanchions.
- Dorade vents with covers x4. Forward dorade vents have guards.
- Port and Starboard lifeline dates with removable ladder, deck mounted attachment points
- Hard dodger with built in lighting and grab rails. Easy to install solar if desired on the overhead.
- Dodger plexiglass forward panels and isinglass side panels.
- Removable bimini to provide sun protection at the helms.
- Multiple storage compartments and access hatches to lazerette and work room. All storage hatches are lockable.
- Emergency steering tiller and deck socket with cover plate.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Helm foot rest, removable and switch from port to starboard for comfort while sailing upwind.
- Companionway slider recesses in deck for easy access and no hatch boards to stow.
- High gloss varnished cockpit table, over sized to sit several for meals, with drop leaves. Fitted canvas cover.
- Port and starboard benches on stern pulpits.
- Rod holder.
- Port and starboard helm stations with stainless steel wheels (new Edson stainless steel wheels), drink holders, and multiple electronics displays.
- Folding cup holder under dodger, one on each side.
- Magma grill, mounted on stern pulpit, plumbed to propane regulator through rail tubing.
- 2x 20lb propane bottles in dedicated locker on transom deck, single regulator.
- Integrated swim platform with step down from the cockpit.
- Heavy duty stainless steel dive ladder.
- Hot/Cold fresh water wash down, new spray head.
- Storage locker under transom steps and another locker under starboard aft deck.
- Propane locker under port aft deck with two 20 lbs tanks.
- Integrated electronics arch for antennas.
- Magma BBQ grill and seats with teak bases port and starboard.
- Cockpit speakers mounted under aft seats.
- Lead keel, L-shaped, 8'6" draft. Keel bolts checked and re-torqued in 2015.
- Single spade rudder with cable steering, carbon fiber stock. Bottom of rudder above the keel plane. Jefa lower bearings replaced in 2017.
- Emergency rudder stored in lazerette. Mounts to transom, mounting hardware and tiller included.
- Lewmar bow thruster, retractable. New power relay. Recently redesigned control system installed.
- MOM-8 Man Overboard Device
- Viking 8-UKSL 8-person liferaft in valise, next service 6/2024
- Deck padeyes and jacklines
- Tools and spare parts.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Perry 59 Custom 2006 'Free Range Chicken' For Sale [Yacht Tour]
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2018 Carver C34Fort Myers, FL, US $349,900
2022 American Tug 362Punta Gorda, FL, US $495,000
2016 Aquila 44Pensacola, FL, US $895,000
2001 Jefferson 46 Rivanna CPMYBurgess, VA, US $269,900
2019 Monachus Issa 45Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $499,000
2022 American Tug 435Punta Gorda, FL, US $930,000
2022 American Tug 365Punta Gorda, FL, US $515,000
2022 American Tug 395Punta Gorda, FL, US $749,000