2002 Hinckley EP
EASY TO SEE FROM THE BOAT SHOW OFF LAS OLAS BLVD.
CALL FOR APPOINTMENT
A fabulous example of the 36' Hinckley EP, PIQUE-NIQUE is well maintained, updated and ready to go.
She was repowered under Yanmar warranty with a 2007 Yanmar diesel (785 hrs.) Not uncommon issues seen with a boat this age include the Jetstick controls, leaky fuel tanks, sagging headliners, leaking hatch gaskets and older electronics.
PIQUE-NIQUE has those issues already addressed. In addition to the repower in 2007, the Jetstick controls were replaced with Control Systems Joystick technology in 2018. The owner of Control Systems is the original designer of the Rolls Royce Jetstick system used by Hinckley in the Picnic Boats and he personally installed the new system on the boat. The fuel tanks were replaced in 2019 as was the pilothouse and cabin headliners.
advanced co brokerage Florida power is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by The Yacht Brokerage.(7585706)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 36 ft 4 in - 11.07 meter
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Draft - max:
- 1 ft 6 in - 0.46 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 11 ft - 3.35 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 11800 lbs
- 6LY 2A
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 440 (Individual), 440 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 80 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 35 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 25 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
PIQUE-NIQUE is a well maintained and updated example of Hinckley's Picnic Boat.
The cabin features the galley, the head, the V-berth and a hanging locker. The air conditioning controls are located forward of the hanging locker. Access to the anchor locker is forward of the V-berth.
The galley is to port as you enter the cabin and features:
- White countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Pullout under counter garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step courtesy light in galley
- Propane shut off valve
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- Storage and fire extinguisher under step to pilothouse
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom stove cover board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. The microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top. The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a "pantry" locker with louvered door and shelves.
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer beside the marine head, and a locker access under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- V-berth cushions are upholstered in Sunbrella fabric, Navy Blue.
- Storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front door to port and starboard.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans - port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air screen/shade
Stepping up from the cabin into the pilothouse, there are two Pompanette helm chairs. and an L-shaped settee with triangular folding table which unfolds to a square table. The pilothouse has sliding windows on each side and four overhead hatches.
Aft of the L-shaped settee is the electrically activated engine hatch cover. The engine hatch cover has a Force Ten propane grill and wet sink on top of it and additional seating on the aft. The is another settee across the stern of the boat. The 30 amp shore power connections are located on the starboard side of the cockpit.
- A full teak package covers the dash area and around the pilothouse windows and cockpit coamings.
- (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid with hatch to tanks, pumps, strainers and bilge area.
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air screens/shades
- Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Pilothouse has an heat duct outlet.
- (5) Cup holders
The pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top.
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
Forward are Pompanette helm and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. These seats are finished in Ivory Duratouch. Forward are stainless steel footrests.
Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless steel footrest is below the handrail and a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal.
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Varnished teak custom instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14" steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Control System Joystick system (2018)
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator, trim tab indicators at dash
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt "cigarette-style" outlet in chart pocket
- Two cup holders
- Covers for Pilothouse windows
- Four Lewmar Low Profile overhead hatches with new Ocean Aire shades and gaskets (2020)
- Drop down canvas curtains for rear of Pilothouse
Next aft, the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee to port, with varnished teak shelf outboard trim that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in Sunbrella fabric.
- There is locker stowage beneath the settee.
- Triangular Varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square.
- Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area.
- Two cup holders
- ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Garmin color LCD Chartplotter/Radar
- Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF Radio with DSC and loud hailer
- Ritchie compass
- Raymarine ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator
- Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with rate sensor
- Lenco Electric Trim Tabs
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- Three 50' amp shorepower cords
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- Freedom 10 Heart inverter/Battery Charger
Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
Seating in the cockpit is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in Sunbrella canvas fabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs. Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in Sunbrella fabric that provide a luxurious feel and easy maintenance. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions.
- A stainless steel cockpit step ladder with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, propane fired grill, and a storage drawer. The sink and grill have a varnished teak cover. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Other cockpit features include:
- Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers.
- There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat
- White Bimini and stainless steel frame with quick release mounts for cockpit
HULL and DECK
The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® composite, Kevlar/ E-glass hybrid outer skin with resin infused segmented Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, with carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern. Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Flag Blue Topsides (2017)
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck
- Cream Double Boot Stripe with Red Bottom (2019)
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Flush foredeck anchor locker
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on the cabin top and on the pilothouse rooftop, also a varnished teak handrail on the aft end of the pilothouse rooftop
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with radar and searchlight painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and spring line 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Stainless steel padeyes with chafe strips for hanging fenders
- Full Aft Cockpit cover
- Five Handrail Covers
2007 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP 440hp. FWC with 785 hours.
Engine was replaced under warranty by Yanmar in 2007.
Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission
New Control Systems Inc. joystick control system is integrated with the bow thruster. Built and installed in 2018 by the original designer of Hinckley's Jetstick
- Vetus 7" 12-volt bow thruster.
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering helm pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater - shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic lined engine box foam insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Electric Trim Tabs
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook mounted under side deck
- Dock lines
- 3 Fenders
- 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash (2017)
- New Hailer/PA (2020)
- Masthead and running lights
- Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a 12V Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor which can be operated from the helm station or by a handheld remote at anchor locker.
- Stainless steel bow roller.
- Muir 12V electric windlass
- 15' SS chain
- 150' anchor rode (2020)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
QUICK SEARCH BY: