2001 Crowther 50 Solid Fiberglass Catamaran
SOBAD has already completed one circumnavigation and is ready to go again. Simply provision and step aboard!!! She is a solid and high-quality custom fiberglass catamaran designed by Brett Crowther in Australia and built in the US at Advanced Multihull Technologies in Florida. Her first owners sailed her around the world and second owners have cruised the US East Coast and Bahamas. Unlike many custom catamarans, she is heavily constructed of solid fiberglass, and the build quality shows in every feature.
From a comfort standpoint, her interior is massive. On the port hull, there are two full queen-sized staterooms with a full head featuring a separate stall shower and electric head. It should be noted that ALL beds are queen-sized, eliminating the need for custom mattresses or bedding. Her starboard hull features the owner's suite, with a queen bed and half-bath forward (electric head with a 20-gallon waste tank), a spacious galley with a tremendous amount of storage, and a full workshop in the aft so you can make repairs no matter where you are.
Her salon is big enough to throw a party, hold a yoga session, comfortably work from home, and enjoy dining for multiple guests. There are four huge storage compartments under the salon floor, and more storage under the leather settee.
She's ready for off-grid living, with a high fuel and water capacity, wind and solar, a watermaker, generator, washer/dryer, spacious accommodations, easy-to-access systems, and everything else you could possibly need. This is a rare boat and has been meticulously maintained by two sets of loving owners. The quality of this boat is leaps and bounds beyond that of your average production catamaran.
In spite of her size, she was built to be easily handled by a couple. She has a remote steering system by MicroCommander up forward, so you can stand on the bow and maneuver her into tight spaces. The lead on the remote is 50', so you can go anywhere on the boat steer using the remote.
From a mechanical and electric standpoint, she is also far superior. Rather than being underneath the berths or only accessible from on deck, her twin Yanmars (under 5,000 hours total) are located under the cabin sole on either hull. She features direct drives with oversized Hurth transmissions and dripless shaft seals, so you will never have to worry about pesky sail drives
Pay close attention to the ease of access to all systems in the photos, and to the cleanliness of the electrical system. Everything is labeled and there are no lose wires.
Thru-hulls are marelon and have been thoroughly inspected and rebuilt at last haul-out. Winches, including the one oversized electric winch, have been inspected and rebuilt.
Her build quality is so good that you cannot see any of the typical stress cracks or weak points. Her rigging is oversized, and she even has built-in lift points should you ever need to lift her with a crane. Her daggerboards allow for comfortable distance offshore sailing when down, and when up her modest 4'5" draft will allow you to check out anchorages other boats can't reach. Among the smart design qualities are breakaway bulbs on each bow that aid in balance and performance and will be the first to go in the event of an offshore collision. Her daggerboards and rudders are cedar-cored with the grain alternating direction at break-off points for the same reason. This boat could sustain collisions from multiple sides and of multiple types and retain her integrity. The stern scoops are also built with this in mind.
SOBAD is SO GOOD that you have to see her for yourself. She's currently cruising Florida and the Bahamas, and can be viewed by appointment. Call to find out her location and to schedule a showing. She's built and documented in the US so there are no tax or import duty complications. See the full equipment and features list under "Other Details."
This one won't last! Call ASAP!
Advanced co brokerage Florida Sail is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Sunshine Cruising Yachts.(8172068)
- 50 Solid Fiberglass Catamaran
- Saint Augustine, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 50 ft - 15.24 meter
- 50 ft - 15.24 meter
- 24 ft 6 in - 7.47 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft - 1.52 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 72 ft - 21.95 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 75 (Individual), 150 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 292 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 144 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 20 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- 50-foot catamaran (59 feet including prodder which can be folded) made for blue water sailing
- Crowther design 390, 24.5' beam, 4.5' water draft, 72' air draft 75-hp turbocharged Yanmar engines. Just over 4,900 hrs on each engine
- ZF Marine (Hurth) HSW 450H2 OVERSIZED hydraulic transmissions
- Aquamet 22 s/s straight driveshafts (no sail drive maintenance) with PYI dripless shaft seals
- Autoprop H6 auto pitching/feathering props for each driveshaft
- Spurs line and net cutter on each driveshaft
- Two 45-gallon diesel hard tanks and two 80-gallon diesel bladders with dual 12v electric transfer pumps, one 12-gallon diesel hard tank (generator/diesel heater) and six 5-gallon hard jugs for a total of 292 gallons fuel
- Two 12-gallon rigid fresh water tanks, two 50-gallon bladders and four 5- gallon BPH-free water jugs for total of 144 gallons fresh water
- 20-gallon blackwater storage tank
- Three 300-Ah Relion LiFePo4 lithium house batteries (900-Ah total)
- Vented propane storage locker w/three 20-lb aluminum propane tanks
- Galley down starboard open to main cabin
- Force 10 3-burner stove/oven
- Glacier Bay refrigerator/freezer with master cabin Air Conditioner (6000 BTU)
- Webasto 45,000 BTU diesel six-zone whole boat coolant heater system
- Foam cored bow bulbs for extra buoyancy and made to break away in the event of a collision
- Foam core stern crash structures
- Solid GRP stiffening ribs at Frames 2, 3.5, 4 and 5 for extra stiffness/strength in heavy seas.
- Full boat length hull internal keelson stiffening rib 5" x 8" for added hull strength
- 360-degree main cabin views with six 3/8' tempered, tinted, UV treated, chemically toughened glass, main cabin forward
- Various E-glass fabrics including 1170 triax, 768 triad, 900 uni and 576 bias with vacuum-bagged construction
- Extensive storage compartments to include four large storage compartments under saloon floor, two large external storage compartments forward of mast, and four large storage lockers in cockpit deck
- GRP cedar-core daggerboards for pointing and running-gear protection with horizontal grain made to break away in case of collision without breaking daggerboard trunk.
- GRP cedar-core rudders with horizontal grain made to break away in the event of a collision to avoid damage to rudder stock and maintain ability to steer.
- 65-foot mast height from deck (72 air draft) with 4 spreaders and diamond dyform standing rigging for extra strength.
- 5 kW Norpro diesel generator (Yanmar engine), 40 amp, 115VAC, 60Hz output, 1,700 hrs.
- Mastervolt 4.5 Eva isolation transformer with automatic voltage selector switch
- Mastervolt 100/3 12VDC Chargemaster 4-stage smart battery charger
- Mastervolt 80/2 12VDC Mass 4-stage smart battery charger (spare)
- Mastervolt 120/60 2000 watt Mass pure sine inverter
- Balmar MC612 4-stage smart charge controllers
- Powermax 125-amp alternators main engines
- Kyocera multi crystal solar panels, 3 x 120 watt, 2 x 80-watt with Victron SmartSolar Charge Controller MPPT 100/50
- 30 and 50-amp shore power cords with adapters for service in US and Europe
- Sunforce 600-watt wind turbine with charge control and overspeed protection
- Victron 712 charge battery monitor
- Desalinator/watermaker (20 gph with ability to convert to 40 GPH if desired)
- PrecisionTemp propane tankless water heater
- Midea MFL70 washer/dryer combo
- Original design/plans included
- Three queen cabins (starboard forward master and port forward and stern).
- Beds with traditional non-custom queen-size mattresses.
- Starboard aft cabin is converted to workshop/storage
- Full bath mid-ship port with toilet, wash basin and shower.
- Half bathroom (wash basin and toilet) in master cabin.
- Outdoor hot water shower on swim deck.
- New Raymarine electronics throughout with e127 (nav station) and e95 (cockpit) multifunction displays
- Raymarine 4kw SHD 48" open array radar
- Comar CSB2000 AIS transponder
- New (2019) Relion LiFePo4 lithium batteries (900 Ah)
- New Viking 4-person life raft
- Ditch bag with separate flare canister and Katadyn 35 Survivor hand-pump desalinator
- WH autopilot w/dual pumps, K2 ram, helm station main control and nav table remote
- Lighthouse Model 1501 dual windlass
- Rocna 40 kg galvanized steel primary bow anchor
- Bruce 30 kg galvanized steel secondary bow anchor
- Fortress FX55 aluminum allow storm anchor
- Fortress FX35 aluminum allow stern anchor
- Primary rode 250' G4 Acco high test 3/8" chain + 100' 3/4" 3-strand nylon
- Secondary 50' G4 Acco high test 3/8" chain + 300' 3/4" 3-strand nylon Stern rode 600' 5/8" 3-strand polypropylene 50' 3-strand nylon bridle 25' 3-strand nylon snubber
- Mooring ball Johnson Grab-n-Go hook bridle
- Custom Jordan Storm Drogue
- Winches Cockpit: One Harken 64.2 self-tailing 2-speed electric winch, two Harken 66.2 self-tailing 2-speed manual winches. Mast: Two Harken 48 self-tailing 2-speed manual winches and one Harken 44 self-tailing 2-speed manual winch.
- Mathers Micro Commander engine controls in cockpit and 50' wired handheld remote at mast for steering in close quarters.
- Stidd power helm chair
- Spares for most yacht systems, too numerous to list
- Horizon Intrepid VHF with Raymarine GPS
- Standard Horizon Handheld VHF with GPS
- Model HX870 iCOM IC M710 shortwave radio with DSP Multimode Pactor-Controller
- Iridium Go Satellite Phone
- NEW: New main and spare halyard, new genoa and screecher sheets (2021).
- New blue-water main and prodder trampolines (refer to images)
- New AB 9-foot dinghy with chaps (2020, Cert. of Origin available)
- New Yamaha 20-hp 4-stroke outboard motor (2020)
- New Sunbrella Bimini for shade at anchor and in marina (2021)
- New large rectangular sunshades for forward of cockpit while at anchor or in marina (2021)
- Porthole wind scoops to keep boat interior cool in hot weather (2021)
- Two M27 start batteries, 1000 amps cold crank (2021) w/ Xantrex EchoCharge battery charters
- SAIL CONFIGURATION: Sails consist of: mainsail, genoa, screecher, asymmetrical spinnaker and stormsail
- Whisker pole used for wing-on-wing (screecher and Genoa) downwind sailing Asymmetrical spinnaker with dousing sock (snuffer)
- Brand new mainsail cover (2020, see images)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2022 American Tug 362Punta Gorda, FL, US $495,000
2019 Monachus Issa 45Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $499,000
2016 Aquila 44Pensacola, FL, US $895,000
2018 Carver C34Fort Myers, FL, US $349,900
2022 American Tug 435Punta Gorda, FL, US $930,000
2001 Jefferson 46 Rivanna CPMYBurgess, VA, US $269,900
2022 American Tug 395Punta Gorda, FL, US $749,000
2022 American Tug 365Punta Gorda, FL, US $515,000