1981 Tayana 42
**PRICE REDUCTION** This center cockpit cruising sloop with a well-known pedigree is available with a recently reduced price for a knowledgeable buyer. "Lagom" returned to Florida from cruising the islands with her present owner in June, 2020, and has been on the hard since. She is in need of a lot of TLC, but it won't take too much to get her back in the water and started off to her next adventure.
- Green Cove Springs, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Robert Harris
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 41 ft 9 in - 12.73 meter
- 12 ft 6 in - 3.81 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 10 in - 1.78 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 61 ft - 18.59 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 29147 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 54 (Individual), 54 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 25 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 150 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Putting thoroughbred performance into performance cruisers has never been easy. In his Vancouver 42, however, Robert Harris has made it look easy. Combing rugged good looks, liveaboard volume, and go-anywhere capabilities in a boat that still ghosts racily in single-digit wind strengths is quite a feat. On top of that, Harris made here a double-ender. To this exceptional design the builder, Ta-Yang of Taiwan, brings both an internationally acclaimed standard of construction quality and a refined semicustom flexibility that gives individual sailors exceptional control of the look and layout of their boats. The formula for making husky boats sail like-sylphs is one that Harris has explored in depth throughout his decades at the forefront of sailboat design. Oversimplified, that approach involves a very slippery hull, a very powerful sailplan, and a set of jumbo underwater foils that are as efficient as they are big. Although the Vancouver 42 displaces close to 30,000 pounds, Harris has made it possible for her to carry that weight with considerable grace. For pure power and for coast-wise sailing, she can be rigged as a sloop. The vast majority of buyers, however, specify the cutter rig and its putative superiority for passagemaking. An even wider range of options is available below. Dealers in the States have become very adept at working with factory- so adept that they are able to make next-day price quotations on custom arrangements Auto-cad aid or facsimile-copied to Taiwan. Ta Yang yard have developed an expertise and a price in exercising it that are evident in the 42 from her superbly finished glass moldings to the seamanlike way in which her systems have been integrated into units organized to function well.
- Three Separate Cabins.
- Teak & Holly Sole.
- Finish in Stain Varnish.
- Removable Ceiling Overhead w/ Teak Battens.
- Formica Counters in Head & Galley.
- Solid Teak Doors & Frames.
- 4? Vinyl-Covered Cushions
- Teak Framed Mirrors in Head.
- Custom Interiors Available at Extra Charge.
- 12VDC Dome & Reading Lights.
- 12V & 110V Outlets.
- 3 Position Battery Switch.
- 110V & 12VDC Electrical Panel w/ Circuit Breakers.
- Two 120 amp Batteries in FRP Boxes.
- Double S/S Sink.
- Two S/S Lined Icebox w/4? Insulation Tap &Front-loading.
- S/S Lined Stove Alcove.
- Wood Chopping Black.
- Teak Lockers & Doors.
- Yanmar 4JH2E 50HP Diesel Engine.
- 30amp Shore Power Receptacle.
- Engine Room Blower.
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water System to Both Head & Galley.
- Hot Water Heater 110V w/ Heat Exchanger.
- 35 Gal. Holding Tank.
- Manual Marine Head.
- Shower Sump w/ 12V Pump.
- Bronze Sea Cocks on all Thru-Hull Fittings.
- Oval S/S Sink in Head.
- Electrical & Manual Bilge pumps.
- S/S Stem Fitting w/2 Anchor Rollers
- Leading to Windlass Locker.
- Two-Speed Manual Windlass.
- S/S Bow & Stern Pulpits.
- S/S Stanchions w/ P & S Gates.
- Double Vinyl-Coated Lifelines.
- S/S Mooring Cleats.
- Aluminum Opening Hatches.
- Stainless Opening Ports.
- Dorade Vents.
- Propane Locker.
- Teak Cockpit Seats & Sole.
- Teak Handrails.
- S/S Mast Rail.
- International Running Lights.
- S/S Pedestal Steering System.
- S/S Destroyer Wheel.
- Emergency tiller.
Sails and Rigs
- Aluminum Spars w/ Staysail Boom.
- U.K. Sails-Main, Jib & Staysail ( or equivalent).
- Main & Staysail Covers, Jib Bag.
- S/S 1x19 Standing Rigging.
- Perforated Aluminum Toerail.
- Aluminum Main Traveler & Staysail Track ( or equivalent)
- Aluminum Genoa Tracks.
- Halyard Stoppers.
- Boom Vang.
- 2-Lewmar 44CST Primary.
- 2-Lewmar 40CST Secondary.
- 1-Lewmar 30CST Main Halyard.
- 1-Lewmar 30CST Jib Halyard.
- 1-Lewmar 16CST Stay Hlayard.
- 1-Lewmar 16CST Reef Winch.
- 4-Winch Handles ( or equivalent)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Scott Berna 5 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2005 Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46Key West, FL, US $330,000
2005 Glacier Bay 3490 Ocean RunnerKey West, FL, US $160,000
1999 Seawind Venturer 38Marathon, FL, US $230,000
2022 American Tug 435Punta Gorda, FL, US $949,000
2019 Monachus Issa 45Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $499,000
1997 Jeanneau LAGOON 35 CCCFrederica, DE, US $169,900
2017 Yellowfin 36Miami, FL, US $415,000
1998 Cabo Yachts 35 ExpressPunta Gorda, FL, US $174,900
2019 Seven Seas Yachts Hermes SpeedsterSunny Isles, FL, US $129,900
1995 Maiora FIPA 20 Flybridge MYBoca Raton, FL, US $625,000
2022 American Tug 395Punta Gorda, FL, US $749,000
2022 American Tug 362Punta Gorda, FL, US $525,000
2022 American Tug 365Punta Gorda, FL, US $525,000
2002 Linssen 470 Grand SturdySaint Petersburg, FL, US $260,000
2019 Robalo r272Summerland Key, FL, US $145,000
2002 Sea Ray 460 SundancerLos Cabos, MX $219,000
2004 Meridian 381Marco Island, FL, US $169,900