1980 Pearson 424 Sloop (Updated Yanmar Diesel)
A great boat for one or two couples to go cruising. Comfortable separate cabins, spacious salon and huge cockpit.
Bottom re-barrier coated and painted in 2012.
Air conditioning ; a solidly made boat ; updated rigging
This beautiful fiberglass blue water cruiser offers the oocupants great cruising privacy with it's two separate cabin entrances and fully private sleeping areas. Cruising refrigeration, a 1997 Yanmar 65 HP diesel engine and a watermaker provide reliable long distance cruising for one or two couples. Her 5'4" draft and easily handled sailplan make this the perfect coastal, Bahamas or Caribbean cruiser.
This yacht is truly ready and able to take you cruising or live aboard.
Call today and start sailing tomorrow!
- 424 Sloop (Updated Yanmar Diesel)
- Palmetto, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft 4 in - 12.9 meter
- 13 ft - 3.96 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 3 in - 1.6 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 48 ft 10 in - 14.88 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 7 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 65 (Individual), 65 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 9 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 80 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 50 gallons - 3 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 20 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The galley is a delight with the extra large deep stainless steel sinks to aft and the overhead rich teak cabinets. Just outboard the sink is a large dry storage compartment. Next is the stainless steel, gimballed Princess 3-burner propane stove/oven. Forward is the super sized refrigerator/freezer powered by a Sea Frost engine drive refrigeration with the convenience of a 110 Vac shore power assist. The Sea Frost had new valves and hoses installed in 2004. A new Sea Frost compressor was installed in 2009, the system was recharged and completely checked
Starting forward you find the private guest cabin with it's extra large V-berth and removable mattress. There are cabinets, bookshelves and drawers providing ample storage, all in rich teak. A recent upgrade is a vented storage unit built into the V of the berth. An overhead hatch provides excellent ventilation. A vanity is to port and it has a stainless steel sink.
Moving aft, through a teak door is the spacious salon with it's large folding teak dining table. Outboard of each side of the table are full length settees, each pulling out to convert into comfortable port or starboard seaberths (with lee cloths). Many more teak louvered door cabinets and bookshelves provide storage with a nice, warm atmosphere. The cabin sole is teak and holly throughout. Standing headroom is 6'4".
Aft of the salon to port is the large U-shaped galley with space for two. On the starboard side, aft of the second companionway, is the large head with it's separate shower stall.
Aft to port is the large owner's berth with storage underneath. Opposite the berth is the navigation station with it's own hanging wet locker and handy access to the cockpit through the aft companionway. Engine access is just under the stairs of the aft companionway.
Five (5) 12 Vdc fans provide circulation when underway. A 12K BTU air conditioner provides cooling when docked.
The navigation equipment is located at the nav station. The autopilot is at the helm. The engine and wind/depth instruments are just forward of the helm in plain view.
- (Navionics Gold cards for SE USA, Bahamas and Mid America, Mexico & Caribbean)
- Lowrance chartplotter
- Autohelm 6000 autopilot
- Datamarine Depth Sounder
- Datamarine Wind Speed/Direction
- Datamarine Speed/Log
- Chelsea Brass Barometer
- SGC SC2000 Single Side Band (SSB) Radio
- Standard Horizon 78 channel VHF Radio (coax replaced in 2008)
- Standard Horizon hand held VFH Radio
- Sony XR-C10 Stereo
- Sony CDX-51 CD changer
- Ritchie Compass
- EPIRB (Battery in date until 11/2016)
- Interior/Exterior speakers
This vessel's DC electrical system was evaluated to be in full compliance with ABYC engineering standards (E-9).
- (2) 4D 12Vdc batteries in acid proof tray
- (1) Group 27 dedicated emergency engine start battery
- Newmar 15 Amp Marine Battery Charger
- GFCI protected circuits
- 30 Amp shore power with 30 to 50 amp adapter, plus extensions
- 4-position Battery Switch
- Balmar 100 Amp Alternator (completely rebuilt in 2003)
- ABYC E-1.4A electrical bonding system
- (1) Solar Panel with charging controller
SAILS & RIGGING
Masthead sloop with painted aluminum spars and 1X19 stainless steel shrouds.
- All 1X19 stainless standing rigging and swaged turnbuckles replaced with new in 2006.
- Multi-part Boom Vang
- New Boom and In-Boom Reefing system added in 2006
- Harken headstay furling
- Main and Genoa by Advent
- Adjustable spinnaker
- Lazy Jacks (new 2006)
- Mainsail traveler and car
- Mainsail "Strong" slider system (2006)
- Mast restepped and sealed in non-corrosive format (2006)
- Mast rewired (2006)
- Downwind pole
- Jack lines
- Cockpit safety harness and tethers (2 sets)
HULL, DECK & OTHER EQUIPMENT
Hull, Deck and other equipment
Solid, reinforced fiberglass hull with no blisters noted when hauled in 2012. Hull completely refurbished by soda blasting, new epoxy barrier coat, primer and 3 layers of undercoating in April 2012.
Cruising fin underbody with skeg hung rudder. Framework is of longitudinal stringers and athwartship members encapsulated in RFG and bonded to hull. The deck is RFG with 3 deck hatches and 2 sliding companionways.
Offshore dodger and bimini (new in 2009) with heavy stainless steel bows protect the cockpit. The spacious cockpit contains the helm and cockpit table. The cockpit is drained by 2 scuppers and 4 scuppers drain the weather decks. A "Whale" manual bilge pump is located at the helm. The crew is protected by double stainless steel lifelines mounted on 26 1/2" stainless steel stanchions and there are "Granny" bars at the mast.
Four cockpit hatches provide storage including the propane locker.
Stern transom and toe rail for the backstay were straightened and reinforced in 2006.
- Outboard motor bracket
- Strong custom built dinghy davits (removable for storage)
- (4) Type III PFD's
- (2) Throwable devices
- 35# CQR anchor w/150' of 5/8" chain
- 40# Bruce anchor w/100' of 5/8" chain
- Twin stainless steel bow rollers
- Stainless steel propane BBQ grill
- Swim Ladder (with custom extra step for easier boarding) transom mounted
- Lifesling MOB pole and horseshoe buoy
- Givens Life Raft (cabintop mounted, out of certification)
- Plastimo/Muir anchor windlass (Completely overhaulded in 2009. Electric motor rebuilt and all gaskets, seals, bearings and bushings replaced.)
- Boat hook, docking lines and fenders
- Teak cockpit table and drink holder
- Engine spares, filters, impeller and bulbs. All owners manuals onboard.
- Powerful spotlight with connections fore and aft.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL
The Westerbeke engine was replaced in 1997 with a Yanmar 65HP 4 cylinder engine which is coupled via a Velvet V-drive to a 3 bladed 20" bronze prop on a new (2013) stainless steel shaft. The engine currently has close to 1200 hours.
The engine was remounted with upgraded motor mounts in 2006. V-drive was rebuilt in 2009 (bearings replaced). Transmission completely rebuilt in 2006. Prop lock rebuilt. A new stainless steel was installed and propeller balanced in Feb. 2013.
Steering is Edson chain and wire. There is an emergency tiller.
- PUR Survivor 35 GPD water maker
- 6 gallon engine/110Vac water heater
- Galley foot pump
- Sea Gull fresh water pump/accumulator and filter
- Tank tender
- Type III MSD
- Holding tank
- Y-valve for overboard discharge or pump out
- Deck pump out fittings
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Joe Weber 1 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY: